Sunday 27 February 2011

In Stitches with Amy!

Hi there
Oooooh I can't believe it, I had a surprised phone call from Reena at Topaz last week asking me if I would like to go to the Stitches show at the NEC, well after one second of thought yes was the answer! my bags were packed even before I put the phone down LOL:)))
I travelled down with Amy (Shaw) and I had my first Starbucks with her, she couldn't believe it that I had never had one! On the Saturday we had a Ranger workshop booked, we made 3 canvas's - couldn't believe how well organised it was. I sat with Amy, Lindsay & Dot who was a lovely lady and funny too. The first canvas was Tim's, I still keep on admiring it- looks fab! the second one was by a Lady called Dyan Reevely and wow I do like her style very different indeed, I've started to follow her blog mmm think a trip to Harrogate is needed! and last but not least a Claudine Hellmine style by Tim, Claudine was unable to come but Tim did his best to keep it to her style not one bit ov grunge insight he did very well!
I managed to get a picture took with him and asked him to sign my canvas, it's very hard to get near him as everybody else was! then when I was able to speak to him I froze don't know why, but he probably thought who is this strange woman! lindsay did tell him I had made one of the configuration boxes for QVC it had a few bits of his range in but I tried to show that you can but anything in it- I don't think that he was convinced as it was a Tim Holtz show!
In the evening we met up with the owners of stix 2 Bryan & Ruth and their sales team. They are such lovely people and the stories they were telling they had me & Amy in stitches! Dawn had said to me that Bryan was the Vinnie Jones of the crafting world and he drinks pink champagne! they made me feel very welcome condsidering they didn't know me from Adam, thanks for looking after us.
On Sunday we spent the day walking around all the stands at the NEC,  I've got to see loads of new techniques and products that are out there. We met up with Lindsey and saw her fabulous stand, the ATC's looked fab! I've managed to take a few photos to show you :0)
Me & Sir Tim!


Mario & Dot

Amy at PI stand


Lindsey hard at work as usual lol!

Dyan Reaveley & she does have inky fingers!

One of Dyan's journaling pages

Tim's configuration box - loved this

Tim's canvas that we made at the workshop
Claudine stlyle canvas by Tim - needs a bit of something else to it and the wired smoke is missing!

Dyan's canvas - Quirky!

My baby girl Stella in her upside down world :)))
 Well that's it for now hope you are all well, take care Elx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Elaine, it looks like you had a fantastic time! I am so glad :-) Love your canvases. Thanks for sharing all the lovely photos! You'd love a trip to Harrogate.......Dyan's place is FAB! I'll hopefully see you very soon. Love S x
    ps Amy's bag looks very heavy......what did she have in it??? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow....how much of a fabbo crafty time have you been having of late!!! You have done some fantastic projects. Bet it was brill doing a workshop with the Tim Holtz! He has done some really great products through Ranger! I have been watching Dyan's blog for a while, she a very unique & talented Lady too! Cool canvases you have made! Last yera I went to Harrogate to the Great Northern Papercrafts Show and she had quite a big stall there, its a really good show & its on in a few weeks? I am going to go I think! Cant resisit a good shop! Oooo that was a long one eh! Take care!
    Lavinia
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog post Elaine..lovely to read about your weekend. Lucky you! Love your canvases :)

    Wishing you a lovely weekend. Hugs, Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. brilliant ! & love the pic of your weimy upside down ! :)

    ReplyDelete